The Old Court House B&B Bowness on Windermere
The Old Court House B&B / Guest House is an ideal bed and breakfast holiday location, enjoyed by old and young alike and is a perfect base for sightseeing and touring around England’s largest National Park. Woodland walks, park & bowling green and of course the many attractions of Bowness including Restaurants, shops, cinema, theatre, pubs, Lake Windermere and bus stops are all close by.
The Old Court House is one of the oldest buildings in Bowness. It was built in 1843 as the Police Station & Jail and extended in 1858 to incorporate the Court House.
Old Court House B&B Bowness on Windermere Highlights
- The Old Court House B&B is 4 star accredited by the AA
- Rooms are en-suite, individually styled and furnished to a very high standard
- Convenient situation in the lovely Lakeland village of Bowness on Windermere
- 5 minute stroll from Bowness Bay on the shores of Lake Windermere
- Beatrix Potter exhibition centre is less than 5 mins walk away
- We are only a short drive from Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage
- More than happy to help you plan your days out in the Lake District
- We are also happy to book minibus tours for our guests & arrange for them to collect & drop you off at The Old Courthouse B&B
- Freshly cooked breakfasts Menu
- If it’s a special occasion I can arrange for Flowers & Bubbly to be ready in your room for your arrival
For the safety & comfort of all our guests, The Old Court House is a Non Smoking Guest House.
Scenic images on our site are taken from in and around Bowness-On-Windermere